Community & Economic Development (CED)
Guiding Los Banos' Growth
CED is committed to working with the public, development community, business community, and non-profit organizations to:
- Enhance the quality of life in our community
- Promote safe, attractive, and sustainable development
- Facilitate development projects that meet the City’s objectives and standards
CED’s mission is to guide the physical development of the City in a manner that will foster positive social and economic growth, which is consistent with the goals of the General Plan and build a stronger community by planning, promoting, and facilitating economic development; increasing, improving, and preserving existing jobs and creating new ones; working to implement the City’s General Plan; and – to as great a degree as possible – working with owners and tenants to increase entrepreneurial opportunity and property values in the community.
CED is committed to developing and implementing programs to support the City’s General Plan. We promote sustainable development and encourage quality design and livability of residential neighborhoods, commercial areas, and industrial zones within the City’s sphere of influence.
Our team provides a variety of services to fulfill the objectives of the General Plan, provide efficient permit processing services, and encourage public participation in the land use process.
CED is responsible for implementation of Los Banos’ General Plan, Zoning Ordinance, adopted specific plans and other associated ordinances. Our responsibilities include:
- Responding to public inquiries related to land-use and property development regulations
- Providing solution-oriented customer service to support economic development opportunities whenever possible
- Reviewing land-use entitlement applications (e.g. tentative map, conditional use permit, annexation, general plan amendment, site plan review, etc.) for conformance with adopted policies and regulations
- Administering the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) for environmental review related to planning and development proposals
- Updating and maintaining the General Plan and Zoning Ordinance
- Administration of the Business License Program
- Providing staff support for the Planning Commission and the Economic Development Advisory Commission
- Resolving land-use related violations alongside Code Enforcement
Follow us on social media!
Connect with us on one of our social media platforms and stay up to date on all information related to Community & Economic Development in the City of Los Banos!