9-1-1 should be used for all emergencies. Some examples of emergencies include:
- If you smell smoke or see fire
- To get help for someone who is hurt
- If you see someone getting hurt
- If you see a crime in progress
- If you’re not sure you have an emergency
When a Los Banos Police Dispatcher receives a 9-1-1 call, they immediately know where the call was placed from. In addition, the call can quickly be transferred to the appropriate agency, the Fire Department, Emergency Medical Services (EMS), California Highway Patrol, or other allied agency. If the call is reporting a medical emergency, the EMS dispatcher can give life saving information over the phone as the ambulance is being dispatched.
For non-emergency calls, please dial our business number, 209-827-7070.