Please Note: Clicking the link below will redirect you to a third party site that maintains the Los Banos Municipal Code; updates normally occur twice a year. Ordinances listed below have been adopted in 2017. If you would like a copy of an ordinance not listed, contact the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is an Ordinance?
An ordinance is: A law or an act of a city, municipality or local governmental agency. City Councils have authority to pass ordinances through Government Code (GC) Section 37100, as long as these ordinances do not conflict with the laws and Constitution of the State of California or of the United States of America. Enacting an ordinance is the most binding form of action a City Council can take. Violating an ordinance may be a misdemeanor unless an ordinance makes it an infraction (GC 36900). An Ordinance must be enacted by proper authorities and written in ordaining form.
The Los Banos Municipal Code consists of applicable ordinances (rules, regulations or standards); these are the City’s primary codes. Secondary codes include any other codes adopted by reference, e.g., building, fire safety and electrical codes. Adopting by reference means adopting a code that another agency such as the county or state has previously written and adopted.
Ordinances are codified into (become part of) the municipal code after the City Council’s second reading and adoption. Ordinances take effect 30 days after final passage unless they: relate to an election; are necessary for immediate preservation of public peace, health or safety; are related to street improvement proceedings; relate to taxes; or Are otherwise prescribed by law (GC 36937). Urgency ordinances are specifically used for emergency cases and can become effective immediately.
- Ordinance 1172 Amending and Restating Chapter 13, Title 11 of the Los Banos Municipal Code
- Ordinance 1171 Amending Title 9 Chapter 3 of the Los Banos Municipal Code Adding a New Article 45 to Create a Sidewalk Vending Program, Amending Related Provisions of the Los Banos Municipal Code, and Making a Determination of Exemption Under CEQA
- Ordinance 1170 Amending and Restating Article 30 Chapter 3 of Title 9 of the Los Banos Municipal Code Relating to Accessory Dwelling Units
- Ordinance 1169 Amending the Official Zoning Map by Rezoning Property for Mercey Springs Road Apartments Located on Assessor’s Parcel Number: 082-030-051 from Low Density Residential (R-1) to High Density Residential (R-3)
- Ordinance 1168 Amending Chapter 16 of Title 3 of the Los Banos Municipal Code Relating to Contracting for Public Works Projects
- Ordinance 1167 Amending the Official Zoning Map by Rezoning Property for the Los Banos Police Station Facility from Rail Corridor (R-C) to Public Facility (P-F) on Approximately 3.6 Acres Located at 1111 G Street, More Specifically Identified as Assessor’s Parcel Numbers: 026-161-003 and Portion of 026-161-008
- Ordinance 1166 Adding Chapter 12.2 to Title 3 of the Los Banos Municipal Code to Establish a 1/2% (1/2 Cent Per Dollar) Transactions and Use Tax (Sales Tax) for a Period of Fifteen Years
- Ordinance 1165 Amending and Reorganizing Article 20 Chapter 3 of Title 9 of the Los Banos Municipal Code Relating to Off Street Parking; Amending and Reorganizing Article 32 Chapter 3 of Title 9 of the Los Banos Municipal Code Relating to Recreational Vehicles
- Ordinance 1164 Amending Article 18 Chapter 3 of Title 9 of the Los Banos Municipal Code and Adding Article 44 to Chapter 36 Title 9 Relating to Accessory Buildings and Structures
- Ordinance 1163 Repealing and Amending in its Entirety Chapter 1 of Title 11 of the Los Banos Municipal Code Relating to Business Licenses
- Ordinance 1162 Repealing and Amending in its Entirety Chapter 16 of Title 11 of the Los Banos Municipal Code Regulation of Massage Establishments and Services
- Ordinance 1161 Adopting a Code Reorganization Relating to Business Regulation Adding a New Title 11 to the Los Banos Municipal Code and a Reorganization of Chapters, Articles, and Sections, and the Renumbering, of Certain Provisions of the Code